Red Hook on the Road accepts new students year round.
- Red Hook on the Road is a free 4 week intensive hands-on training program that will help you earn the NYS CDL and find work as a commercial driver.
- We provide behind-the-wheel training to drive Class B/BP/BPS commercial vehicles.
- Job placement assistance is available for 2+ years after graduation so you can advance into better positions with higher pay.
To be eligible you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Live in New York City & be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- 21 years or older
- Have a clean, valid NY State Driver’s License for at least 2 years with no more than 2 points or one suspension (that has been cleared for at least 2 years) or one conviction showing on the driver record. No combination of the above is allowed. Also, no speeding tickets or D.U.I.s
- Obtain and submit a driver record from the DMV that must be less than 30 days old
- Able to attend training Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Must Be Unemployed
BWI welcomes individuals with past criminal convictions to apply.
How to Apply
New Red Hook on the Road classes start every month. To learn more, please attend an information session. These are held Thursdays at 12:30 PM at 151 5th Avenue between St. John’s Place and Lincoln Place (R train to “Union Street”), Brooklyn, NY 11217. Call 718-237-4846 for more information.